People have been talking about cross browser support in Microsoft CRM for quite some time now. Like many of you, I thought the day would never come. Well, it’s finally here and we now have the details. As exciting as this is, there are a couple of things you need to know.
- Unsupported browser requests will be directed to Mobile Express Forms
- IE 10 Desktop will NOT be supported on Win RT
- Firefox will NOT be supported on OS-X
- IE7 NOT supported in December 2012 service update
- IE7 will continue to be supported for on-premise until Orion is released (Q2 2013)
- Cross-browser is NOT opt-in, as soon as the service is upgraded, cross-browser is enabled
- The entire app is cross-browser, including all admin forms
- UR12 needs to be applied for on-premise customers to have cross-browser support*
*Special note – this update is automatic for online customers, but not for on-premise until UR12 is applied.
Another tool that I find helpful is this chart for Browser Support. With so many different OS’s and browsers, this chart explains in detail what is supported.
|Windows XP||Version 8||Version 16+||Version 22+||Not Supported|
|Windows Vista||Version 8 and 9||Version 16+||Version 22+||Not Supported|
|Windows 7||Version 9 and 10||Version 16+||Version 22+||Not Supported|
|Windows 8||Version 10||Version 16+||Version 22+||Not Supported|
|Apple OS X 10.7 (Lion)||Not Supported||Not Supported||Not Supported||Version 6+|
|Apple OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)||Not Supported||Not Supported||Not Supported||Version 6+|
|Apple iOS (iPad)||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Supported|
For question about this update, contact JourneyTEAM.
JourneyTEAM – CRM Experts in Utah